Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Returning To God

AND let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works, not staying away from our meeting, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:24-25)

As I read and meditate on this verse, I am reminded of the many people that have walked with God, and for some reason have turned and walked away. I hear Him calling them back to Him.  For the time of His return is drawing near as mentioned in the above verse. I received this email today from a woman who attended a womans conference with our class this past weekend.  Listen to her story and see if you can relate.

Dear Robin:
"This is the testimony that I have since my return from Sandy Cove. God reminded me of His Great Love. I am back in the word, and hungry for more. You have helped me to see my sin, and have encouraged me to turn away. I know it is a process. I shared with Allen. He is supportive. I have a mature Christian prayer partner and we will meet once a week to pray specifically for each others lives. I am looking up churches on line and have a plan to visit a couple locally. I have already noticed a difference in my attitude as I drive down the road. I am listening to Christian music now and my spirit is uplifted. You are welcome to share this with the ladies. As I do my "Jesus Calling" (Sarah Young) I have a photo of the group and I pray for each of you. I love you and thank you for your obedience to our Lord." Have a blessed day. (and she continued with)

"My Morality is sin. In that I gave my self physically to many men. Thinking and desiring to fulfill the desires of the flesh. I wanted to be loved unconditionally and so complete. I wanted a man to sweep me off my feet everyday of my life. After 12 years of backsliding I have found no man can do that for me. I left my true love looking for that prince charming.

In my captivity, I connected with a man and thought He is my soul mate. I have waited on him to make the holy convenant with me. I really wanted to be his helpmate. In my sin I have destroyed that possibility. I have made myself unworthy of his love. This man is just a man and not my true love Jesus. I have gone astray and I have opened doors to the enemy of my savior.

I must rush back to his arms and turn from my worldly deeds. I will wait upon the Lord for I know he is good and faithful. I am sorry Lord that I have not trusted in you. Forgive me.

I have been playing house. I have been so disappointed, so often in the past 8 years. We seemed to fit perfectly in each others arms. Now I know I must let go. I have done all I can to try and please him. I have used my own power, and every time I fail, I seem to fall deeper into a pit of darkness.

In my end, I wanted to die. Please Lord I cried how much longer do I have to live with no purpose? God strategically placed the right people in my life, to show me this:  I am very precious in his sight, He hears my pleas for help. He provides the way. Just trust and obey He tells me. Do what you know, that I have taught you by my spirit. I will remember your sins no more. I will remind you of what I taught you. I will give you direction and remind you that my enemy is a defeated foe.

I love you....You know how to pray and together we can mend those broken fences of 12 years, we can kick those squatters' out, and put on a fresh coat of paint. Remember you are washed clean by the blood of the lamb. You are as white as snow. My angels are ministering to you. I love you."

Can you relate to this story? I am hear to remind you that God loves you very much and has not forgotten you. He wants to restore your broken relationship with HIM. The following steps will tell you how to do that.
1. God's mission is to redeem a world that does not know Him and is lost in sin. (Rom. 5:8)
2. Because of sin in our lives, we are separated from God. (Jeremiah 3:20-22)
3. When we stray from God he disciplines us in increasing measure until we return. (Heb.12:5-11)
4. We cry out to God in our distress and return to Him. (1 John 1:9) Confession and repentance go together. We you repent of sin, you turn away from that sin and return to God.
5. When we return to God, he returns to us in a fresh way and begins again to fulfill His purposes for us. (James 4:8) The joy of your salvation, the power of God and His holy cleansing of your life will not occur until you sincerely return to God.

We all at times have walked away from God. Some of the ways we do that is through worldly distractions (we take our eyes of Jesus and slowly drift away), by being careless with our spiritual lives (we get so occupied with other things that we no longer go to church, pray or spend time in God's word) and sometimes we make a deliberate choice to walk away from God (to pursue a worldly lifestyle, refuse to obey God's commandments) Because of sin in our lives we lose our joy, we no longer hear God's voice and our lives do not produce spiritual fruit (Gal. 5:22-23). To prevent this from happening we must surround ourselves with folks who will hold us accountable, and seek to love God with all our heart, mind and soul and make it a practice to immediately obey whatever God tells you.

Where are you at in this picture? Have you strayed away from God and the church? Is the enemy whispering in your ear that you will never fit in and you have strayed to far? I want to remind you that HE is a liar and no truth is found in him. (John 8:44)  So won't you come home running for His arms are open wide... His name is Jesus.... yes He's the One...He is the answer.... you 've been looking for.... so come home running.... just as you are.......Is He calling you ....can you hear His voice? (John 10:3-5)

At Media Church in Oxford our mission is that the lost get found and the found go deeper. I invite you to join us on any given sunday. Check us out on the web at   http://www.mmchurch.org/
I also invite you to Media Church on Tuesday evenings at 7:15PM. I would love to meet you and together we will grow so we don't groan.

If you are not interested in church at this time but would like to talk about life issues. I offer biblical counseling free of charge... contact me at robinmartin3@hotmail.com to set up an appointment. 

* Some of the info on this blog is taken from "Experiencing God" Henry and Richard Blackaby and Claude King. In class we will discuss in next 3 weeks how to Experience God in the Church, the Workplace and in His Kingdom. I covet your prayers for me as I lead these sessions. Thanks :-)

Joyfully Serving Jesus
Robin

1 comment: