Sunday, July 31, 2011

The OAK Tree...A Message of Encouragement

I received this card from a very special lady in my life and I want to share it with all you Acorns/Oaks out there.

God never promised that life always go smoothly...as a matter of fact he said "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world" John 16:33  He also says "Come to me all of you who are weary and heavy burden and I will give you rest.....learn from me and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." God also says in His Word that our trials come to make us strong and this poem is a reflection of that. Its so comforting to know that no matter how hard trials are in life there is rest for our souls and its found in Jesus Christ. Will you let Him wrap His arms around you today and hold you tightly until He commands the wind to stop?

A mighty wind blew night and day.

It stole the oak tree's leaves away,

then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark

Until the oak was tired and stark.

While other trees fell all around.

The weary wind gave up and spoke,

"How can you still be standing, Oak?"

The oak tree said, " I know that you

Can break each branch of mine in two,

Carry every leaf away, Shake my limbs, and make me sway.

But I have roots stretched in the earth,

Growing stronger since my birth.

You'll never touch them, for you see

They are the deepest part of me.

Until today, I wasn't sure

Of just how much I could endure

But now I've found, with thanks to you,

I'm stronger than I ever knew."

Whatever it is that you are going through...try to remember that you're stronger than any problem you encounter or any disappointment life will bring.......

I'm thinking of you...believing in you..... and caring for you.......

Love and Prayers...
Robin

And they shall be called Oaks of Righteousness a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor...Isaiah 61:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment